[Wien] Confusion regarding AFM structure of a spinel compound

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:08:42 CEST 2021

Dear Prof. Marks,

                  I am working on a frustrated AFM ordering in which both
the atom with spin up & spin down remains at the octahedral site. I have
simulated the same structure with U=4 eV & which works well. However, when
I shifted to U=6 eV the structure showed AFM during structure optimization
while the magnetic moment didn't cancel when I go for an SCF with the
optimized structure.

with regards,