[Wien] Structure optimization of a monoclinic lattice

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:23:06 CEST 2021

Dear Wien2k users,

                          I am trying to do ABC & Gamma optimization of a
monoclinic lattice. At the cif file of the structure, the angle Beta was
greater than 90 while Alpha & Gamma were 90 degree. To incorporate with the
usual formalism of wien 2k I have changed the angle Beta to Gamma & Gamma
to Beta. I have also alternate b to c & c to b & also y-coordinates to z
coordinates & z coordinates to y-coordinates. However, with this changed
struct file when I saved the structure (file attached) the warning is
coming as " space group is not consistent with cell parameters" & I not
able to move further.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

with regards,