[Wien] Structure optimization of a monoclinic lattice

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 16:27:33 CEST 2021

I cannot remember for sure, but I think WIEN2k might need you to use
14_P21/a spacegroup setting in StructGen.  It looks like your struct
file in StructGen has 14_P21/c.

Have you perhaps went to:

https://materialsproject.org/materials/mp-7944/#

Click CIF next to Final Structure and click on Symmetrized to download
NaSb_mp-7944_symmetrized.cif

Then, did you go to:

https://jp-minerals.org/vesta/en/download.html

Download VESTA.

Then, open VESTA 3.5.7 and drag/drop NaSb_mp-7944_symmetrized.cif into it.

Click Edit -> Edit Data -> Unit Cell

Select "P 21/a (Unique axis c)"

Click Apply, then click OK

Click File -> Export Data and Save as NaSb.cif

Finally, get NaSb.struct using:

cif2struct NaSb.cif

If you have not done that, maybe give that a try.

That should be because sgroup requires that you use the "14 [P 21/c]
[unique axis c] [cell choice 1]" setting. The sgroup program uses coded
names according to the International Tables 1992 [
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08153.html
].  I believe "14 [P 21/c] [unique axis c] [cell choice 1]" may be
equivalent to "P 21/a (Unique axis c)".