[Wien] Error in parallel LAPW2

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:30:44 CET 2021

I took your file and initialized it, admittedly with a slightly different
mixer. I had no problems, so it is hard to guess what your problem is. You
need to look in *dayfile*, the output of the run (e.g. email if it was a
remote job) or similar. Also look in the relevant case.output* for
something wrong.

Several additional comments:

1) Based upon a quick BVS analysis, your unit cell should be
around  38.644993 17.954890 32.663086 (-17 relative to your +10). I think
using -10 to +10 is too large, and you should start with a more sensible
estimate such as the BVS.

2) The number of k-points should roughly scale as 1/Volume. If I assume
1000 for a small 4x4x4 Angstrom cell then for your cell it should be about
16.

3) Why do you only have P-1? Is this based upon some refinement with low
symmetry (that may be wrong) or what? I expect that the structure has
higher symmetry. I have seen (too) many people on this list recently using
P1 or P-1 cells, which are in most cases going to be wrong.

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
else has thought" Albert Szent-Györgyi