[Wien] Additional Library Questions

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Thu May 20 18:26:36 CEST 2021

You have not provided enough information for anyone to do more than make a
wild guess!

If there are issues with libraries, that is an issue with either or both
what you have in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the modules. There is no magic about
Wien2k that is needed beyond standard -- which does not answer anything.

If it is library, please provide the error message and/or use ldd to look
at the executables.

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 11:18 AM Xudong Huai <xhuai at g.clemson.edu> wrote:

> Dear Wien2k developers,
>
> I am running wien2k version 19.1 on a supercomputer with operating system
> Cent OS8, fortran compiler gfortran (we also have ifort).
>
> The purpose of my calculations is to use the TiC example to check if
> WIEN2k is installed, compiled, and configured properly.
>
> While running the TiC example, there are two things happened.
> First, we need to load modules manually ("module load
> fftw/3.3.8-gcc/8.3.1-nompi" and "module load openblas/0.3.10-gcc/8.3.1")
> otherwise we cannot finish "init_lapw".
> Second, after we finish "init_lapw" error appears when running LAPW2.
>
> We think that the problem should be related to improper installation, and
> we found that additional libraries are required. So we would like to ask
> what is the proper additional library for our system?
>
> Thank you for reading my question, any suggestion is appreciated,
> Xudong Huai

Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu