[Wien] How to find the exact value of infinte epsilon?

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:58:44 CET 2021

There is the relation [1]:

λ = hc/E

Then with that:

λ = limit_{E→0} [hc/E] = ∞

I seem to be missing what you defined epsilon_0 and epsilon_oo as.

There is ε0 defined as the dielectric constant at low frequency and ε∞
the dielectric constant at high frequency like in equation (18) of [2],

where ε0, ε(0), or εs might be also be known as the static electric
constant while ε∞ the optical dielectric constant as given in section
"Debye relation" on page 12 in [3].

Or the epsilon_0 as defined as ε1(0), where ε1(ω) is the real part and
ε2(ω) is the imaginary part of the dielectric function like in equation
1 of [4]:

ε(ω) = ε1(ω) + iε2(ω)

where it may be that ε1(0) and ε1(∞) are given by equations 144 and 145
seen in [5].

Equation 5 in [4] has

ε1(ω) ∝ Integral{ε2(ω)}

where in equation 3 of [4]

ε2(ω) ∝ Integral{δ(energy)}

I believe it was article [6] where equations such as 2.26 are used by
WIEN2k [7,8] that seems to correspond to equation 5 in [4].

The energy you are referring to is ћω in equation 2.19 of [6] (or
equation 3 in [4]) unless I missed something and it is another energy
that is being talked about.

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck%E2%80%93Einstein_relation#Spectral_forms
[2] http://www.lajpe.org/sep14/03_LAJPE_928_Sagadevan_Suresh.pdf