[Wien] Optimization prior to applying HSE06

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:01:29 CEST 2021

Dear Prof. Marks,

                    I am replying to all of your comments as below;

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 12:50, Laurence Marks <laurence.marks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> To what extent does the existing literature indicate that, for your
> compound, positions change with full hybrids?

  I have used HSE06 for a structure having experimental lattice parameters
& coordinates, however, it showed large forces > 200 mRy/au for some atoms.

> To what extent is it relevant for you to use a full hybrid? Of course in
> some cases they are bad!

 I have simulated redox potential with both GGA+U & HSE06 for an
experimental structure. With HSE06 we are getting redox potential close to
experimental values.

> To what extent do properties you might want to know (such as band gaps)
> depend upon minor lattice parameter changes?

My main concern is the redox potential which obviously depends on & can be
found accurately with groud state configuration

> How accurate is the experimental data you are comparing to?

There are several expt. literature which indicates the same expt. voltage
for the oxide material

> Have you searched the non-W2k literature?

Yes. In literature, it has been described that we can achieve accurate
redox potential by using HSE06. The link for the same is:
 https://journals.aps.org/prb/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevB.92.115118