[Wien] Problem for the bandstructure with PBE+SOC

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Fri Sep 10 21:55:05 CEST 2021

Gerhard,
Yes, I mean the w2web interface or server.
Thank for your comment, I had not used the "initso" with the w2web server, I had done it in the terminal using;
"init_so"
Now I did it in the server and I found that when I do the bandstructure the
"x lapwso"
is there
If I use the
"init_so"
then it is not there.

With reference to
"init_so"
it has the adventaje that it creates the "case.inso" very easily, while in the server you have to edit the file.
So there are advantages and disadvantages.

In reference to;
"run -so"
is the command to run in a terminal a non mangetic system with SOC
Saludos

Pablo
________________________________
Hi Pablo,
I assume you mean w2web when you talk about the "interface".

If you used w2web from the beginning through all steps correctly, then there should be the coommand
x lapwso (-up)
right after
x lapw1 (-up , dn)
when calculating the "Bandstructure" from "Tasks"

this is usually also the work flow for other calculations with spin orbit interaction, if you need lapw1 then you need afterwards lapwso.

x lapw2 -qtl -band  is only needed if you wish to plot the band character

I don't know about a command "run -so"  !?

Did you start the scf cycle from "run SCF" and marked the box with spinorbit ?

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Institut of Physics