[Wien] Problem for the bandstructure with PBE+SOC

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 03:08:40 CEST 2021

It sounds as if you prefer to use "init_so" in the terminal, but then
like to do the bandstucture calculation in w2web.

As Gerhard hinted at by his question "Did you start the scf cycle from
"run SCF" and marked the box with spinorbit ?".

In w2web, you could click "run SCF" in the left menu, check the
"spinorbit" box, check the "only save parameters" box, and click "start
SCF cycle".  The "only save parameters" will enable -so in the w2web
interface when "start SCF cycle" is clicked without it rerunning a scf
calculation.  Then, when you click on Bandstructure in the left menu,
the x lapwso should appear on the page.