[Wien] Question about TiC / -ec and -cc

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:14:36 CET 2022

Inlined, but I am asking you questions so you think (Sokratic method). When
you answer them, you probably have answered your own questions.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022, 09:50 Hülya Gürçay <hulya.gurcay.8 at gmail.com> wrote:

>   Dear Wien2k users  ,
>
> I'm a beginner at WIEN2k, a graduate student in physics.
>
> I watched Peter Blaha's TiC sample video. In the video, energy convergence
> is selected in scf calculations and its value is 0.0001 , charge
> convergence is selected in the user manual and its value is 0.0001 .
>
> My first question; Should I write runsp_lapw *-cc 0.0001 -ec 0.00001* in
> optimize.job file?

What is the logic of this. Why such a small -ec?

> My second question; In scf calculations should I choose both -ec and -cc?

What is the purpose of each. Why is it relevant to set both? Is it
required, or just safer.

> My third question; Should I use the same -ec -cc values in the
> optimization and scf calculations?

What would be the logic of using different values? Does it make sense?