[Wien] Question about TiC / -ec and -cc

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 27 15:38:09 CET 2022

Just one additional note:
The convergence criteria depend a bit on two things:

1) What accuracy you like. Eg. or a magnetic moment with 3 digits after
the comma, a very good -cc is necessary. Just for a DOS neither -ec nor
-cc need to be particular small.

2) What systems you calculate. Small systems with light elements and
maybe insulating can be converged VERy well and in order to find a
minimum of a soft material -ec 0.000001 might be necessary. On the other
hand, a hard material and in particular heavier elements and larger
(metallic) unit cells, -ec 0.0001 could be the limit which is reachable
(and necessary). Similar arguments hold for -cc ....