[Wien] qtl-cfp

Tran, Fabien fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 1 17:36:43 CET 2022

For some very brief explanations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_symbol
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ed075p1339

From: Wien <wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> on behalf of Fecher, Gerhard <fecher at uni-mainz.de>
Sent: Saturday, January 1, 2022 5:20 PM
To: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Subject: Re: [Wien] qtl-cfp

You still do not distinguish between single particle orbital angular momentum l (lower case) and many particle orbital angular momentum L (upper case).
You have to understand first the difference.
I suggest that you read and understand the textbook "The Theory of Atomic Structure and Spectra" by Robert D. Cowan or something that is similar comprehensive.

Happy New Year
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Institut of Physics