[Wien] Non-degenerate dxy, dyz and dxz PDOS in cubic perovskite

Asif Ali asifa at iiserb.ac.in
Mon Jan 3 14:03:41 CET 2022

Dear all

I am doing GGA calculation for ABO3 perovskite with cubic structure
(SrVO3). After using the qtl program, I am able to calculate PDOS for
dxy,dyz,dxz, dz2 and dx2-y2 separately.  However, the calculated dxy, dyz
and dxz PDOS are non-generate (do not overlap). I understand that due to
crystal symmetry the PDOS should be degenerate for these three.

I read here
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08943.html,
but i am not able to understand why dx, dyz and dxz should not be
degenerate. Please help me with this.

Regards
Asif