[Wien] Wavefunctions and System Hamiltonian

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 1 20:24:51 CEST 2022

Please remember: You get  number_of_k * number_of_bands "wavefunctions
in a solid". I.e. typically 1000-10000 wavefunctions.
So you need to know "which wf" you want to investigate in detail.

  Otherwise, please read my respond a couple of weeks ago about wave
functions.

> after I finished a calculation I would like to obtain the final
> wavefunctions of my system, and if possible, also the Hamiltonian.
> I would like to do this, because I want to display system
> characteristics with my own code. Or maybe tweak something here and
> there and observe what changes, to understand the system better. I'd
> like to have both k-space and real space representations.
>
> If I understand right, I should be able to extract a list of spherical
> harmonics and interstitial orbitals for each atom, and constants
> for weighting, which the Wien2k calculates for me.

I'm not sure how to understand this question. The Hamiltonian is kinetic
energy + eff.Potential.

Or do you mean the Hamilton matrix elements, H_ij(k). In principle you
can change the code and print this matrix. But the matrix is huge and
depends on k !