[Wien] How to calculate AHC in wien2k?

Rubel, Oleg rubelo at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jun 21 17:46:07 CEST 2022

Dear Samir,

It is not possible to get AHC in WIEN2k without wannier90, as far as I know. My understanding is that one needs to get the Berry curvature Omega(k) (we only have the Berry phase). Also, we need a very fine k mesh (something like 200x200x200 for iron) to resolve fast-changing Omega(k) on the Fermi surface.

Would you mind sharing your experience related to WIEN2k interface to wannier90? What is your reason to avoid Wannier?

Thank you
Oleg

--
Oleg Rubel (PhD, PEng)