[Wien] contradictory band gap in case.scf and band.agr

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 11:41:16 CEST 2022

I can think this can occur in numerous ways, all a minor mistake:

1. You forgot to include -orb when you did the bands.
2. You had too small a k-mesh for the scf, the fine one for the bands shows
a metal.
3. Your grep showed just the "up" spin, not both.
4. You did not fully converge.
5. You forgot -so in the band.
6. You have a mistake in your k-mesh for the bands.
7. Something else similar.

Just my guesses, I suggest you check carefully. Number 7 is most likely.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University