[Wien] contradictory band gap in case.scf and band.agr

Dr. K. C. Bhamu kcbhamu85 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:20:56 CEST 2022

Thanks Prof. Marks for your suggestions.

My system is non-sp and non-SO type.

I didn't do any mistake with k-path as Its a cubic system and its brillouin
zone is very simple.

I do agree with the k-mesh as with very fine mesh narrow band gap systems
may show metallic character.
In one of my case it is happening.

But in a separate case where I didn't change the k-mesh after SCF for band
structure calculation, the band structure should show the same band gap as
I am getting with the grep command. No?

Thanks
Bhamu