[Wien] SOC value \zeta

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 06:41:49 CEST 2023

Should it helpful to you, below is something I came across when
searching in some of my old notes on WIEN2k.

*5/7/2016 WIEN2k Notes*

WIEN2k articles on the 'artificial' adjustment of the spin orbit
coupling strength, xi, using the speed of light, c (i.e., xi ∝ c^-2):

C. Zeng, et al., "Linear magnetization dependence of the intrinsic
anomalous Hall effect", http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0606354v1
Y. Yao, et al., "First Principles Calculation of Anomalous Hall
Conductivity in Ferromagnetic bcc Fe",
http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0307337v2

Hso = xi*(S dot L)

where

xi = hbar/(2*M*c^2)*1/r*dV/dr [
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/novak_lecture_on_spinorbit.pdf
(equation 28) ]

Spin orbit coupling strength is not an external WIEN2k input [
http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg06559.html
] or output parameter [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg09672.html
].