[Wien] Plotting the radial part of wave function

reyhaneh ebrahimi reyhanehebrahimi52 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 00:39:04 CEST 2023

Dear Prof. Blaha,
Thank you very much for your prompt and valuable response to my issue.
The image that I attached in
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3tqo7g10kq291jq/example-radwf.jpg/file  is
only a simple example and as you noted well " All our radial functions
are given ONLY inside RMT, outside we have plane waves, thus I can never
plot a radial wf. up to 40 bohr as given in the example that I mentioned ".
Therefore, I searched and found other papers which are similar to the goal
that I am looking for in plotting the radial part of the wave function. I
attached one of these papers which is done in your group with the name "On
the importance of local orbitals using second energy derivatives for d and
f electrons" in :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7oekpzcc6q39zjt/radwf.pdf/file

. In fact, I would like to plot the "r*u_alpha,l" as Figures 3, 10, or 11
of your paper. I search again and find an issue in the mailing list that is
somewhat similar to what I wanted,
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg02372.html

But I still haven't figured out how can I plot figures like the Figures 3,
10, or 11 of your paper using the "case.radwf" file in terms of "r". Are
the odd columns of "case.radwf" file, which I uploaded in
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uflq7f338bdhwrp/MnO-input-output-files.zip/file
, are proportional to "r*u_alpha,l"?

Also, I don't know, using the "case.radwf" file, how can I find the r
(Bohr) for each  "r*u_alpha,l" to plot it? I know that for example, the
first line of "case.radwf" defines the jatom, jr_i(jatom), r_0(jatom),
dx(jatom), rmt (jatom). But the r_0 is constant for each atom and only has
one value. However, for plotting the "r*u_alpha,l" with respect to "r" I
need different values for "r". Would you please help me how can I calculate
or find the values of "r" corresponding to each "r*u_alpha,l"?

PS: Please let me send the correct link which unfortunately doesn't work in
my previous Email. The correct link is:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=radwf&l=wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sincerely yours,
Reyhaneh Ebrahimi