[Wien] question about applying electric field in wien2k

Zohreh Alsadat Nourbakhsh za.nourbakhsh at ph.iut.ac.ir
Wed Jan 4 11:54:17 CET 2023

Dear Wien2k admins and users

I am using WIEN2k_21.1 on linux mint 21 (MATE 64-bit) mint code for
apply external electric field to a two dimensional semimetal system.
Unfortunatly, after following the userguide instructions, it seems that
external electric has almost no effect on my electronic band structure.

I have tried various values of IFIELD paramater (30, 8000, 10000, 11000,
12000), but the expected splitting in the band crossing did not happen.
I also tried a lot to reproduce the calculations in the results of the
article (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physe.2012.04.017) on bilayer
graphene, but I failed to observe the reported spliiting after applying
electric field.

my case.in0 input file for electric filed application:

TOT  XC_PBE     (XC_LDA,XC_PBESOL,XC_WC,XC_MBJ,XC_SCAN)
NR2V      IFFT      (R2V)
    18   18  216    2.00  1 NCON 9  # min IFFT-parameters, enhancement
factor, iprint, NCON n
8000 0.3
8000 0.3

Your kind help is highly appreciarted.