[Wien] calculation with lmbj potential

fabien.tran at vasp.at fabien.tran at vasp.at
Mon Jul 24 09:51:48 CEST 2023

Could you show how the total energy and distance charge evolve during
the iterations of the lmBJ-SOC calculation (grep for :ENE and DIS in
case.scf)?

Before using lmBJ-SOC, did you succeed to converge a calculation on your
system using another method, like GGA-PBE or lmBJ without SOC? If yes,
have you tried to start the lmBJ-SOC calculation by using the electron
density (case.clmsum) and kinetic-energy density (case.tausum) obtained
from such a previous calculation that converged?