[Wien] Issues with ifort and MKL while installing on Red Hat

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 06:14:11 CEST 2023

Sorry Gavin, but "source setvars.sh" in .bashrc is fine, so long as you use

source Wherever/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh > /dev/null

and change "Wherever" as appropriate. The > /dev/null is needed if you want
scp to work, as any print output from .bashrc breaks scp (weird, but true).

I use

vars="$@"
source Wherever/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh --config="My/oapi.txt" > /dev/null
eval set -- $var

This way you don't have to load all of OneAPI. The lines before and after
are to cure an Intel bug in many versions.

N.B., his gfortran problem was because only the compiler was changed, not
the options.

--
Professor Laurence Marks (Laurie)
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University