[Wien] Band gap not matching with materials project data

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 11:08:01 CEST 2023

Dear Wien2k users,

                 I have tried to optimize the crystal structure of Alpha-N2
by using data from "
https://materialsproject.org/materials/mp-12103/#electronic_Structure"
However, after optimization (or even with the unoptimized cell) we are
getting vast different electronic band gap.
The structure on   "
https://materialsproject.org/materials/mp-12103/#electronic_Structure"
tells band gap as *0.96 eV* while our optimized structure ( or even with
the unoptimized structure) is giving the band gap as *~ 10.553 eV*. However
the magnetic moment is coming the same (~0.6 muB) for both the cases. I am
attaching the optimized struct file herewith this mail.

Looking forward to your response in this regards.

with regards,

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Fellow