[Wien] ** testerror: Error in Parallel LAPW

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 21 23:23:40 CEST 2023

Dear Miro,

On my cluster it works by a command

salloc -p cluster_name -N6 sleep infinity &

This particular command allocates 6 nodes. You can find which ones by
squeue command. Then passworless to these nodes is allowed in my
cluster. Then in .machines I include the names of these nodes and things
work.

But there is a big chance that this is blocked in your cluster, you need
to ask your administrator.

I think srun is the required command within the slurm shell script. You
should get some example shell scripts from your administrator or
colleagues who use the cluster.

As I mentioned in my earlier email, Prof. Blaha provides workarounds for
slurm. If simple ways are blocked, you will just need to implement these
workarounds. It might not be easy, but setting up cluster calculations
is not supposed to be easy.

Best,
Lukasz