[Wien] Speed of cluster nodes

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:24:57 CET 2023

Dear Prof. Blaha,

Reducing the energy window in case.inso seems to work, but there are
some minor issues. I would like to clarify them.

Normally I run the sequence:

x lapw1 -band -up -p
x lapw1 -band -dn -p
x lapwso -up -p
x qtl -up -p -band -so
x qtl -dn -p -band -so

When I limit the range a lot in case.inso before starting this sequence,
I don't have Fermi energy in the case.scf2up/dn (I paste such "bad" file
below). This then leads to an error when running "x qtl".

It seems there is no error when first running "x lapw1 up/dn" and "x
lapwso" with the default case.inso, then limiting the range in
case.inso, and then re-running only "x lapwso".

Maybe you could comment what would be the correct sequence here.

Best,
Lukasz

PS: "x qtl" needs case.in1c for running correctly. So, if that file does
not exist then I simply make a copy of the case.in1. Is that OK?

        TEMP.-SMEARING WITH    0.00200 Ry
           -S / Kb           =  -6.57973595
           -(T*S)/2          =  -0.00328987
           Chem Pot          = ************
          Bandranges (emin - emax) and occupancy:
         Energy to separate low and high energystates:    0.39949

:NOE  : NUMBER OF ELECTRONS          = 1440.000

:FER  : F E R M I - ENERGY(FERMI-SM.)= **************
:GMA  : POTENTIAL AND CHARGE CUT-OFF  16.00 Ry**.5