[Wien] [WIEN2k] forrtl IO error in x_nmr_lapw for Heavy metal structures (TlF3, HgF2)

Michael Fechtelkord Michael.Fechtelkord at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 16 16:21:50 CET 2023

Dear Prof. Blaha,

I recompiled lapw1 with LOMAX = 4 but then the scf cycle fails. The real
problem was the used cut off energy of -11 Ry in init_lapw. That
introduces also too much orbitals in x_nmr -mode in1 and a qtl-b errors
in the first two loops. After using the default value of -6 Ry for core
/ valence separation, scf cycles converge without QTL-B errors and the
x_nmr initializations starts with less atomic orbitals and  the
calculations (x_nmr -p) no longer produces forrtl I/O errors.

Thanks again for the help!

Best regards,

Michael Fechtelkord

--
Dr. Michael Fechtelkord

Institut für Geologie, Mineralogie und Geophysik
Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Universitätsstr. 150
D-44780 Bochum

Phone: +49 (234) 32-24380