[Wien] Cholesky in supercell

Natalia Andreeva nvandr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 19:34:25 CEST 2024

Dear Professor Laurence Marks,
Thank you very much for your reply. I will try to reveal the question
of what I use for the calculation.

* The error occurs immediately when the first calculation cycle has not yet
completed.
* No, I don't use runsp, the vacuum value is 25au and RMT=5.20
* I have a supercell without a defect and correctly calculated SCF
with parameters 1x1x15, for which I performed the calculation without
runsp. For this structure, the parameters were chosen to be
RMT=5.09, Mt(Ba)=2.25, Rt(Ti)=1.74, Rmt(O)=1.58. This structure is an
insulator, I also minimized the parameters for it.
* I use WIEN2k version 23.2 with ELPA for calculations
* So far I do not use minimization, but I plan to do it after receiving the
correct calculation of this structure.
* I use iterative diagonalization using the -it flag, on the second loop.

I tried to reduce the Ba RMT to 2.1 using -ecut .998, however,
this resulted in the error 'no energy limits found'. I have reduced
the mixing parameter to case.in up to 0.1, and the Cholesky error
appeared again on the third calculation cycle.

Thank you in advance,
With Best Regards,
Natalia.

Best Regards,