[Wien] Bug / odd behavior: Can't change some of the session information

Per-Anders Glans-Suzuki paglans at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 2 22:01:55 CEST 2024

Dear Wien2k users,

I just did a fresh install of Wien2k 23.2 on a new computer and running a sanity check with the TiC example.

Issue:

- I can’t turn ‘complex calculation’ off in session information..

- Upon further investigation I also can’t turn AFM calculation on.

- However, I *can* turn spin polarization on or off, and I can turn parallel calculation on or off. I can also add comments.

For each of the three points above I clicked ‘Change session information’, change one of the checkboxes, click ’save changes’, then ‘Click ro restart session’. When the session information is redisplayed, ‘complex calculation’ or ‘AFM calculation’ are unchanged no matter what I do.

The session file ~/.w2web/<name>/sessions/<nnnnnn> is not updated when attempting to change complex or AFM, but is updated when changing spin polarized or parallel. Hence, I don’t believe there is an issue with permissions…?

The TiC directory is empty.

If I kill w2web and edit the file under ~/.w2web/<name>/sessions/ and restart w2web, the ‘Complex calculation’ is unchecked. However, if I click ‘Change session information’, and then click ’Save changes’ on the next screen without doing any changes, the ‘Complex calculaiton’ check box is again checked.

I haven’t found anything in the mailing list except for a similar question in 2013 where the answer was to remove old files and start over, which I have attempted (actually, the TiC directory is empty when first staring a session and when these anomalies are observed). Unless there are more files somewhere… Please let me know if I’ve missed something obvious, or if you’d like more info.

This is a Tuxedo laptop running tuxedo OS, which is basically Ubuntu.

gfortran/gcc version 11.4.0.
Perl version 5.34.0

Thank you,
Anders Glans