[Wien] HELO/HDLO crashing after including multiple LOs. Please help.

Pranjal Nandi pnandi at ub.edu
Sun Jun 23 20:56:19 CEST 2024

Dear Community,

Version 23.2

My calculations run fine when I do init_lapw -prec 1 -hdlo and make no changes in the case.in1 file.

I would like to add multiple LOs at much higher energies (HELOs) for a better description of unoccupied states, hence as per the guidebook pg 151 last paragraph, I add them in the case.in1 as shown at the end of the email.

After this, I do run_lapw -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.001 -p

But the code crashes and shows the following error.

STOP  LAPW0 END
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 0.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

My question is

  1.  Is there something else I need to adjust after I add them in the case.in1 file? (I have included the original and modified case.in1) ? Please note, the calculations runs fine in parallel mode if I don’t do any changes in case.in1 file.

  2.  I am unable to figure out how to proceed and have been stuck at the same place for a long time. Requesting your attention please.

My original case.in1 file is

WFFIL  EF=-.43330239753334999845 Old -.10000 -0.5999535963  (WFFIL, WFPRI, ENFIL, SUPWF)
 6.50     10   6   ELPA pxq BL 64 (R-MT*K-MAX,MAX L IN WF,V-NMT,LIB)
  0.30    6  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global APW/LAPW)
2    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
2   -4.00     0.0001 STOP 1
0    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
0   -1.15     0.0010 CONT 1
1    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
1    0.30     0.0000 CONT 2
K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4   -9.0       1.5    20   emin / de (emax=Ef+de) / nband

And the modified one is as below.

WFFIL  EF=-.43330239753334999845 Old -.10000 -0.5999535963  (WFFIL, WFPRI, ENFIL, SUPWF)
 6.50     10   6   ELPA pxq BL 64 (R-MT*K-MAX,MAX L IN WF,V-NMT,LIB)
  0.30    6  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global APW/LAPW)
2    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
2   -4.00     0.0001 STOP 1
0    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
0   -1.15     0.0010 CONT 1
1    0.30     0.0000 CONT 1
1    0.30     0.0000 CONT 2
1    1.00     0.0000 CONT 1
 1    2.00     0.0000 CONT 2
K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4   -9.0       1.5    20   emin / de (emax=Ef+de) / nband

Requesting your help.

With warm regards,
Pranjal

Aquest missatge, i els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver, pot contenir informacio confidencial o protegida legalment i s’adreca exclusivament a la persona o entitat destinataria. Si no consteu com a destinatari final o no teniu l’encarrec de rebre’l, no esteu autoritzat a llegir-lo, retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar-ne el contingut. Si l’heu rebut per error, informeu-ne el remitent i elimineu del sistema tant el missatge com els fitxers adjunts que hi pugui haver.

Este mensaje, y los ficheros adjuntos que pueda incluir, puede contener informacion confidencial o legalmente protegida y esta exclusivamente dirigido a la persona o entidad destinataria. Si usted no consta como destinatario final ni es la persona encargada de recibirlo, no esta autorizado a leerlo, retenerlo, modificarlo, distribuirlo o copiarlo, ni a revelar su contenido. Si lo ha recibido por error, informe de ello al remitente y elimine del sistema tanto el mensaje como los ficheros adjuntos que pueda contener.

This email message and any attachments it carries may contain confidential or legally protected material and are intended solely for the individual or organization to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or the person responsible for processing it, then you are not authorized to read, save, modify, send, copy or disclose any part of it. If you have received the message by mistake, please inform the sender of this and eliminate the message and any attachments it carries from your account.