[Wien] lapw0 stuck/drained with seemingly no error message upon launching SCF

Yichen Zhang zycforphysics at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 00:20:09 CEST 2024

Dear all,

Indeed this is a partial solution, which does not solve the essential stack limit problem! I do not know how to rebuild the kernel. I guess I’d rather not try or look for help on that at this point.
It was fun getting WIEN2k to work on my PC, produce some simple bands, and learning about things :)
For serious calculations, I will compile the programme on clusters, which shouldn't be a problem.

I’m not sure how much bigger systems my device would be able to handle. Naively, on the other hand, I expect that -fmax-stack-var-size limit just dumps all the larger variables to dynamic memory, which in principle is bounded by the machine itself. The device has a 64 GB unified memory, which should be able to hold capacity more than normal 64 GB RAM by roughly a factor of 2 (according to Apple :) if it’s anywhere reliable). But I will see how it does when it needs to deal with bigger systems at some point.

Best regards
Yichen