[Wien] Unable to see Li K edges in ELOSS file. Kindly guide.

Pranjal Nandi pnandi at ub.edu
Fri Mar 1 21:50:33 CET 2024

Dear Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to clarify some misunderstandings.

There are two files for which I am doing the simulation, they are for LiFePo4 and LiTi2(PO4)3. (Note the addition of Ti in the second sample)

The image I had shared was from Optics. I am discussing both the results below.

For the optics results.

-       For LiFePO4, I do not see any Li edge structure.
-       For LiTi2(PO4)3, I do not see any Li edge structure. What I see is a new peak compared to LiFePO4 at around 35 eV whose shape is very close to the shape of Ti and not of Li.

For the TELNES results.

For both the files, I see an initial start of the Li K edge but it stops midway and the graph is incomplete (the graph is only from 0-15 eV, as 0 is the 55 eV, so effectively I get the results from 55-70 eV but I would like to get it till 100 eV). I tried to increase the energy range but nothing works.

Hope you could understand my message.

Thank you once again.

With warm regards,
Pranjal