[Wien] ABNiO_4

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Sun Mar 17 02:10:51 CET 2024

Thank you Professor Marks and Professor Blaha,
A mentioned before I ran these two systems
--
Graphene + M
ABNiO4

Pablo
________________________________
De: Wien <wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> en nombre de Peter Blaha <peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at>

A structure optimization of a magnetic structure with several TM atoms
may take many iterations.

You should probably start out with a normal

runsp -fc 2 -orb -p  -i 80   (it may not converge in 40 cycles ?).

Then inspect the forces. How large are they ? If they are larger than 5
mRy/bohr, it is probably worth to optimize the structure and you restart
the runsp command using  -min

After a couple of cycles investigate   :ENE and :FR
both quantities should go down slowly, but expect jumps, etc.
As I said before, it may take even a couple of 100 cycles in a bad case.