[Wien] Inconsistency in kgen

balabi balabi at qq.com
Fri Mar 22 10:10:46 CET 2024

Dear Prof. Peter Blaha,

Thank you very much for your reply. I apologize if I may have been a bit persistent, but unfortunately, the issue still persists. Your recent emails have been explaining concepts that I already understand, or at least, I believe I fully comprehend the explanations of internal coordinates and Cartesian coordinates you provided in those emails.

However, when I look at the klist file with my understanding, I still find myself confused. You mentioned that "this vector points 'outside' the conventional 'cube,'" and I fully understand this statement. I understand that Cartesian coordinates may extend beyond the 0..1 range. However, what I am referring to are internal coordinates. In my understanding, the point "64 6 6 6 4 1.0" lies outside the 0..1 range of internal coordinates, which means it is outside the reciprocal unit cell. Therefore, in my understanding, this point needs to be mapped into the reciprocal unit cell.

However, after it is mapped into the reciprocal unit cell, I believe it is equivalent to the point "22 2 2 2 4 1.0." Yet, for an FBZ klist, I believe there shouldn't be two equivalent k points, and indeed, in output1, the eigenvalues of these two points are different.

So, I have been requesting if you could provide the internal coordinates for these two points, as well as the transformation formula. I believe only by doing so can my confusion be resolved.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Best regards