[Wien] Cholesky in supercell

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 18:20:38 CET 2024

You have not provided enough information for a full diagnosis. When does
this occur, right at the beginning? Are you using runsp? How much vacuum?
What RKMAX? Do you have ELPA? What version of Wien2k? K-points?
Minimisation? Which iterative? When are you using the iterative, in the 2nd
cycle?

Some suggestions:
* Reduce the Ba RMT to 2.1. You may need to use -ecut .998 during
initialization.
* Use a vacuum of at most 1/3 of full unit cell. 20au is often enough, 30
certainly, 40 is excessive.
* Minimize first you 1x1x15 cell with no vacancy & P4mm symmetry. Check it
is a sensible insulator. If not then everything is wrong.
* Remove, manually the Ti 3d search, as it is less stable.
* Use ELPA not iterative. While iterative may be faster per cycle, it can
lead to more iterations and less stability so the nett is slower. For
certain I would not use it for a surface until I have somewhat converged.
(You have to be in the space of densities where you have ions as against
the initial neutral atoms.)

--
Professor Laurence Marks (Laurie)
Northwestern University