[Wien] Cholesky in supercell

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 27 19:36:54 CET 2024

>   I am trying to calculate a sufficiently large 2x3x15 supercell  based
> on a tetragonal barium titanate (BaTiO3) cell. In this calculation, I
> create an oxygen vacancy and a surface. The calculation is successfully

Sufficiently large  ???   I'd say, it is MUCH too large.

2x3  ??  either use 2x2 or 3x3. (you want to separate the vacancies in x
and y in the same way).

15 ??   One cell contributes 2 layers, so with 15 units (+ repetition on
top) you have 31 layers. I'd guess 3-5 cells are enough.

Do you have inversion ?

You need to report how you ran the calculation. mpi-parallel ? How many
cores, ...  RKmax, ...