[Wien] forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Aug 19 14:51:46 CEST 2004

If you are not using -static (which one cannot on Redhat 9.0) you need to
make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly to find the needed shared
libraries, e.g. include in your .bashrc (with appropriate locations)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mkl61/lib/32:/opt/intel_fc_80/lib:/opt/intel_cc_80/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This needs to be there for all nodes, so the libraries may need to be nfs
mounted (or perhaps better, copied).

As a caveat, mkl and fort have some duplicate library names, with
different code. I asked Intel about this some time ago (i.e. which was
better) and got no useful answer.

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Mahmoud Payami wrote:

> Dear Laurence,
>
> I did not see any such printouts.
> I also used RH10+Ifort8+MKL70, the result was:
> Compilation was OK. But in the "x symmetry" step, the system could not
> recognize the ifort-file: libcprts.so.5.
> However, RH8+ifc7+icc7+mkl61 works without any error.
> Do you know any such combinations with new softs that works?
>
> Best regards,
> Mahmoud
>

> > One other thing to check; does mixer also printout something like
> >  ispin set to           1
> >  ispin set to           2
> > from a print command at about line 192 also in scfana.f. When I commented
> > this print out I ran into problems. You may also want to use -traceback in
> > your compile lines options although with a segmentation fault the line
> > number can be misleading.

> > > O.K.  So in the serial case you find an error in mixer.  Please try the
> > > following:
> > >
> > > 1) Open up SRC_mixer/scfana.f.
> > > 2) On line 78 (or thereabouts)  you will see the line
> > > FORCE(JATOM)=.false.
> > > 3) Comment this line out, and recompile (with -C while debugging).
> > > This line is unessecary, and initially JATOM=0, which may cause
> > > run-time problems with ifort.
> > > 4) Rerun your calculation.
> > >
> > > Fred

Laurence Marks