[Wien] Re: about the question of symmetry in antiferromagnetic CoO

Steven Homolya steven.homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Thu Mar 4 15:49:20 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 01:06 am, you wrote:
> Dear Steve,
> Thanks a lot! But be frank, I think there is some misunderstanding.

OK, I'll be Frank.

> I can not understand how the "bcc" structure come.

Not "bcc" just "bc" (i.e., not cubic). Just look at the monoclinic struct file
with xcrysden. There is a bc structure within the unit cell that stares one
in the face.

If you are trying to impose a magnetic unit (super)cell over your normal unit
cell then you'll have to do so by labelling the appropriate atoms as
inequivalent from the start.

Best regards,

Frank

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering