[Wien] w2web behind SSL --- followup question

Steven Homolya steven.homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Tue Sep 7 06:50:17 CEST 2004

Dear WIEN2k users,

This is a followup to my recent post about using https with w2web.

I have fixed the "no common encryption algorithms" problem. I did not
read the contents of w2web.conf carefully enough to notice that the line

keyfile=/wienuser/.w2web/<hostname>/conf/w2web.pem

specified a non-existent file, and not the required
$WIENROOT/SRC_w2web/bin/w2web.pem.

Is it safe to use this certificate? If not, then does anyone know how to
generate a certificate?

I have a package called ca-certificates installed but I have no idea how
to use it. Anyway, I don't really understand what these certificates,
and the openssl+friends man pages are very intimidating, so I'd be very
grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering