[Wien] w2web behind SSL --- followup question

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Thu Sep 9 22:25:38 CEST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Steven Homolya wrote:

> I have fixed the "no common encryption algorithms" problem. I did not
> read the contents of w2web.conf carefully enough to notice that the line
>
> keyfile=/wienuser/.w2web/<hostname>/conf/w2web.pem

Dear Steve,

I always though we put somewhere in the usersguide how to set up w2web
running https....

> Is it safe to use this certificate? If not, then does anyone know how to
> generate a certificate?

It is as safe as generating one yourself using ca-certificates. But it's a
pain combing through the manuals to generate once in a while a
certificate. That's why I have included w2web.pem in the w2web package
which is fine and valid until 2015.... by then we might use a different
interface ;-) (almost sounds like "640k will be more than enough for all
times" har har har).

Best
  Joachim

--
luitz.at - Interfacing Art, Science and Technology

Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG | Wohlmuthgasse 18 | A-3003 Gablitz
Tel.: +43 2231 61254 | Fax +43 2231 67443 | buero at luitz.at
http://www.luitz.at