[Wien] (no subject)

liuzw03 at st.lzu.edu.cn liuzw03 at st.lzu.edu.cn
Fri Aug 26 18:14:30 CEST 2005

Dear Ciao Gerhard,

>Some remark about the compiler and linker options:
> I think the -Vaxlib is not longer needed for newer versions of the Intel
> compiler from 8.x upwards (may depend on version of mkl, too).

Could you give me a detail explaination of the meaning of -Vaxlib?

> -pthread should probably be -lpthread, it seems it is needed if one uses
> processor specific compile options like -tpp7 -xW for PIV optimizations. -xW
> performs some loop vectorization, but I did not check if the program becomes
> faster, I experienced that some programs are faster if one combines it with
> -O2 instead of -O3, the latter may do some over-optimizations.

Do you mean that if Compiler options was -tpp7 -xW, the Linker Flags -lpthread
should be used instead of -pthread?
Thank you and best wishes.

Zaiwen Liu
Key Labortory for Magnetism and Magnetic Materials of the Ministry of Education
Lanzhou University
Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China
Tel: +86-931-891-2237
Email: liuzw03 at st.lzu.edu.cn