[Wien] Wien2k for AMD Athlon

Natalia Pavlenko Natalia.Pavlenko at Physik.Uni-Augsburg.DE
Wed Jun 14 11:58:46 CEST 2006

Dear Prof. Blaha, dear Drs. Eck, Spirko, Fecher and Kroeker,

Thanks a lot for your help with compilation of Wien2k on AMD Athlon!
After the use of 32 bit C compiler, the compilation+link were
performed without any errors. Also, I should point that first, despite
no problems with the compilations, in my test with SrTiO3 I got an error
at the lapw1-stage, with a warning:
undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memset

However, after I recomplied lapw1 and lapw2 with the options:

Compiler options: -FR -mp -w
Preprocessor flags $(FOPT) -L/opt/intel/mkl/8.0.1/lib/32 -static
R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS): -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -lpthread

the test has gone successfully without any errors.
Thank you very much again for assistance and spending your time for
answer to my question.

Sincerely,
Natalia Pavlenko
Dr. Natalia Pavlenko
Institute of Physics, University of Augsburg
Universitaetstr.1
D-86159 Augsburg Germany

Phone: 49-821-598-3255
Fax:   49-821-598-3262