[Wien] Fine grained parallelism without kpoint parallelism

Ashley Alford jaa at ornl.gov
Tue Jun 27 23:17:41 CEST 2006

Hello Users,

I have a simple question regarding the use of fine grained parallelism
in WIEN2k.

Does the inability to run WIEN2k with k-point parallelism
(e.g. no passwordless rlogin access to nodes)
necessarily prevent me from using the
fine grained parallelism?
I would be surprised if this is so, but I thought I would
ask before trying it.

If possible,  I suppose the .machines file  would have one line for the
processors in this case, like

1:proc1 proc2 proc3

Any help or advice you could provide would be  greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Ashley

PS. I am running WIEN2k_04.11 (Release 1/11/2004)