[Wien] weird parallel problem

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Nov 16 19:13:28 CET 2006

Even though I have an updated kernel, we still sometimes see problems.
For instance, if I edit case.in1 while lapw1 is running on a child
node the changes do not get propogated to the child (maybe because it
thinks it's version is more recent) unless one does a cluster-fork
copy. In /etc/exports I'm using

/export      20.0.0.0/255.0.0.0(rw,sync,no_wdelay,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

It was async by default which was a disaster. Not sure what is best,
never could figure this out and never found anyone who really seemed
to know (experts here dislike nfs, say don't use it).

Caveat: I'm not very good with nfs