[Wien] (no subject)

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 3 11:43:04 CEST 2006

Goto is a Japanese scientist (working (or worked) in Texas,US). He
developed a highly optimized BLAS-library, which is in many cases even
faster then the specific vendor-optimized libraries (like mkl from
Intel, acml from AMD or essl for IBM Power architecture).

I just tested the latest version of libgoto and it turned out to be even
faster than the mkl lib on our P4 systems.
Please note, this could change any time with the appearance of new
versions/releases, so it is difficult to give a definite recommendation.

In any case, the free goto-library is ALWAYS an option which one should
test, if you like to get out most of your system.

See  http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/resources/software/