[Wien] how to use w2web off internet

Jian-Xin Zhu jxzhu at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 15 17:10:53 CEST 2008

Dear Yurko,

Thanks for a quick response.

What I did is as follows:

1. delete .w2web in the home directory and disconnect the machine from
internet.

2. restart the machine and relogin in.

3. execute the command
w2web

and go through the setup steps, with one specifics

Please enter this system's hostname: [hostname] localhost
Using localhost

Hearafter hostname is the hostname for my machince, which I have
suppressed.

4. Open safari and type in http://localhost:7890
and see nothing happen.

The w2web.conf and some of .cshrc are displayed below.

Thanks for the help.

/jx

w2web.conf :

port=7890
host=localhost
master_url=
realm=w2web
passdelay=3
log=0
logtime=60
logfile=/Users/jxzhu/.w2web/hostname/logs/w2web.log
pidfile=/Users/jxzhu/.w2web/hostname/logs/w2web.pid
userfile=/Users/jxzhu/.w2web/hostname/conf/w2web.users
keyfile=/Users/jxzhu/.w2web/hostname/conf/w2web.pem
debug=0

.cshrc contains:

setenv WIENROOT /Users/jxzhu/wien2k.08.2
set path= ($WIENROOT $path)
#
# need threads set for lapw1
setenv OMP_NUM_THREADS 1
setenv SCRATCH  /scratch
setenv EDITOR /usr/bin/vi

On Sep 15, 2008, at 8:10 AM, Yurko Natanzon wrote:

> Dear Jianxin,
> you havn't provided enough information. So, w2web is installed and
> running on your localhost, isn't it? And you access it via
> http://localhost:xxx in your browser, where xxx is some port number,
> don't you?
>
> So, if you unplug the internet cable/disconnect wi-fi or whatever, the
> web page http://localhost:xxx is no longer accessible, yes?
>
> If my assumptions are wrong, please correct me. Also show your .bashrc
> as well as .w2web/-your-host-/conf/w2web.conf.
>
> with best regards,
> Yurko
>
> 2008/9/15 Jian-Xin Zhu <jxzhu at lanl.gov>:
>> Dear Wien Users,
>>
>> I have a MacBook installed with a wien2k.
>> When this laptop is on the internet, I can start w2web and use it
>> successfully.
>> However, when it is off the internet, I cannot use w2web. In this
>> case,  ssh user at localhost still works.
>> How can I get around it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jianxin

> --
> Yurko (aka Yuriy, Iurii, Jurij etc) Natanzon
> PhD Student
> Henryk Niewodniczan`ski Institute of Nuclear Physics
> Polish Academy of Sciences
> ul. Radzikowskiego 152,
> 31-342 Krako`w, Poland
> Email: Yurii.Natanzon at ifj.edu.pl, yurko.natanzon at gmail.com