[Wien] how to use w2web off internet

Yurko Natanzon yurko.natanzon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:40:32 CEST 2008

Dear Jian-Xin,
In any case you don't need to do the step 1. I don't have a
possibility to test right now if w2web really needs internet
connection, but I suppose it doesn't. So, once you've set up w2web and
it is working correctly, DO NOT delete .w2web.

Just disconnect from the internet, restart your machine and run w2web.
It should find .w2web directory and bind to port 7890 automatically.
If it will give you any errors, post them here.

Now, if http://localhost:7890 doesn't work, the browser should give
you some error message which will help to identify the problem. At
least Firefox does which is also available for the Mac.

Do you use proxy to connect to the internet? Then the proxy should be
disabled for the localhost.

regards,
Yurko