[Wien] in1_st file

Marcos Veríssimo Alves marcos.verissimo.alves at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:22:59 CEST 2010

Hi Xavier,

I am executing init_lapw as usual. The editor I am using is not emacs but
gVim (you could say I'm really hardcore with respect to that :) ). Indeed,
init_lapw does open the case.inX_st files with gVim, as expected. What I
understand **should** be happening, from what you imply, is that before the
execution of kgen,

1) init_lapw opens the case.inX_st with the editor (whatever is set)
2) the user changes the quantities according to his needs
3) user saves the files
4) user closes the editor
5) **only then** would init_lapw copy the case.inX_st files to case.inX
6) and executes kgen.

What is actually happening in my case is that init_lapw is opening the files
case.inX_st with the editor, as expected, but is not waiting for steps 2-4
to be executed. Instead, it jumps straight to step 5. The solution I found
was to execute init_lapw in the batch, non-interactive initialization mode.
It is a solution, albeit not the most pleasant one... and it seems to work,
at least for my non-spin-polarized case (at first I initialized the
calculation with spin-polarization but then I realized the calculation was
to be done without spin and re-initialized it from scratch).

Cheers,

Marcos