[Wien] Problem in tetra

Kamal Chinnathambi kamal_chinnathambi at rediffmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:44:36 CET 2010

Dear Prof.Blaha and Wien users,
Thanks for your reply. Still we couldn't rectify the "NaN" in case.dos* files. I found that there is NO files in the case folder containing "NaN" except case.dos*. As per your suggestion i reduced the E- window, still "NaN" appear but in different energy range.
with regards,
kamal.
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:17:41 +0530  wrote
>Check your case.qtl file if it already contains "NaN". Then the problem is

already in lapw1/2 and maybe cause bei large QTL-B values for states at very

high energy. Either calculate less states (reduce E-window), or change

energy parameters in case.in1 to fix this problem.

Kamal Chinnathambi schrieb:

> Dear Sir,

> I am having problem in DOS calculations for surface studies of some

> magnetic systems (supercell geometry). The results produced by tetra

> (i.e in case.dos* files) contain "NaN". This is the first time i witness

> this problem. I am using WIEN2k_08.

> Processor: Dual core Xeon processors (@ 3.73 GHz) with 4 MB L2 cache

> Compiler :Intel fortran compiler (ifort)

> I tried resolve this problem with two suggestions given in wien mail

> list, but i couldn't resolve it. Your help to resolve this problem is

> greatly appreciated.

> thanks,

> C. Kamal

> Semiconductor Laser Section

> Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology

> Indore -452013 (INDIA)

Phone: +43-1-58801-15671       FAX: +43-1-58801-15698

Email: blaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at  WWW: http://info.tuwien.ac.at/theochem/

Wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at