[Wien] need clarification on changes in spin magnetic moment in cell after SCF run

venkatesh chandragiri venkyphysicsiitm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 19:27:12 CEST 2013

Dear Sir,

I did the calculations on 225 space group compounds as regular methodology
in Wien2k such as running volume optimization and Force minimization before
going to the final SCF. I have few doubts on the results that i have obtain
as written below

1. I found that total magnetic moment of my structure is  0 uB (Bohr
magnetron) which is predicted for my case. But, whenever working with run
scf by taking Force optimized case.struct file, i got increased total
magnetic moment  to -0.00168 uB. So, why this increase in magnetic moment
happens, Is there ant correction to be done..?

2. As i already done scf calculations while doing Force minimization, can i
use this case.scf file for my further property estimations like..DOS,
magnetic moment, band structure and optical properties...etc.....? (Because
this struct file have total magnetic moment same as predicted).

3. I have got negative total magnetic moments for some structures, Is that
means these structures have anti ferromagnetic ground state..?

looking forward to your responses.

thanks in advance

regards,
Ch. Venkatesh,