[Wien] Metallic Behavior of Si 100 layer

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Jul 20 16:14:06 CEST 2015

This discussion appears to be useful, and hopefully the structures people
are sending will help.

That said, there is one deeper issue with this thread. If the intent is to
calculate a thin hydrogen terminated silicon layer for which there is
experimental data then the model(s) are reasonable. It is also relevant if
the idea is to learn about surface calculations.

However, if the intent is to model a hydrogen terminated Si (001) surface
it is extremely unlikely that any of the models are relevant.

---
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
http://www.numis.northwestern.edu